Tuesday, May 08, 2018

Tuesday poem #266 : Lance La Rocque : Golden Towers



I can formulate plans
Like a tv pope or a grown man
Wrapt in invisible storms

Just because I’ve got no patience
All their heads will spin unearthed
There in the tv that goes and goes
Around my globe

The endless homeruns in real languages
That speak and tweet to
 The power of my fabulous fingers

All the whys of the world
Broadcast through the tunnels of my nerves
 A flock of panicked birds swell my skin

Like gold like god

In a silver cloud I never thought
I’d talk so much about him
And now how his words rattle around my tongue like crickets


Lance La Rocque lives in Wolfville, NS. With Lisa, Emily, and Max. He has published in Hava LeHaba, Industrial Sabotage, and The Northern Testicle Review, and has a book of poetry, Vermin, by Book Thug.

the Tuesday poem is curated by rob mclennan

No comments: